Sunday, August 21, 2005

Indifferent

to eating, sleeping, resting, doing much of anything... is how I feel when I feel as I do now, when I have a COLD. Like a bad for the middle class legislative move in Massachusetts, it hit me quickly and silently. Felt pretty good on Wednesday day, had the sneezes start Wednesday evening, and !BAM!, there it was on Thursday, and here it still is on Sunday, regaling me in all of it's miserable glory! Guess I was due, as aside from being acceptably tired, I was feeling pretty damn good.Oh, well.
The good news is, though, I think that I may have sweated a bit of it out yesterday. I went to a company held Employee Appreciation Day at Six Flags, which was a blast! ( thank you, Dari Farms!)I had never been before, and as my boys are practically regulars there, they led the way on a nine hour journey through lots of exciting rides, lots of food, and LOTS of walking! This place is BIG, and even though the humidity was fairly low yesterday, and the the sky practically sun-free, it was still fairly easy to work up a good sweat with all of the activity. I will provide pics of the day after I get them developed, and not to worry, there will be none of yours truly in all her sweaty glory!
P.S. Best ride for me was the log ride , the one near the picnic grove. No, it's not terribly thrilling or scary, but nonetheless, it is so much fun!! You get soaked, especially if you sit in the front of the car, and beware when crossing the bridge that is situated over the part of the ride where the car comes crashing down into the water at the finish , because if you aren't paying attention, you will get a second soaking , most likely of the posterior kind! It's hardly tragic, but wet butt is a bit..uncomfortable to be walking around with, especially when not dressed for 'swimming'!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
Sorry to hear of the cold. Summer colds are the worst!
Am glad you had fun at Six Flags though. Went a year ago as a chaperone for Alissa's school. If you ever want to go again let me know. Heard they have a new water ride that I want to experience.
Kathy

10:12 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Hey, Kath!! Sorry I couldn't make the game the other night, but I heard that Ed was quite entertaining! I saw the water park /rides yesterday; they have this thing that looks like a giant funnel,which you get into via a long water tube.If we go sometime, you and I should DEFINITELY try that one!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home