Sunday, October 22, 2006

Unrelated's

My horoscope from last month's issue of Vogue magazine is, surprisingly, coming true. This has NEVER happened before, and to be honest, I never put much stock into horoscopes. I mean, I will read mine, but never, ever with any thought that what was written may actually come to pass, but whaddya know, it is! And yeah, I know, Vogue, how utterly vacuous, but it's a harmless guilty pleasure for me, reading my fashion mags, so if that makes moi a tad vacuous, so be it.
~ My marine/armed forces workmate and I exchange videos; I give him a few I like, and he responds in kind. I just recently lent him Amadeus and Fever Pitch, and am curious to see what I will be receiving tomorrow. But anyhoo, I mention this because he was saying that he recently saw Superman, and oh, I should go see it, I'll love it, etc..but I told him that I absolutely refuse to see it for one reason, and one reason only. In the movie, the Hollywood lefties decided to change the classic Superman line from 'Truth, Justice and the American Way' to......'Truth, Justice and All That Stuff'.All that stuff??? Huh?? Would it have killed those wacked out tree hugging America haters to , oh, I don't know, mention America in a (gasp) positive light?? It may sound like a pretty trivial reason to not see a movie, but it's my perogative, and I am exercising it. So my armed forces friend said(and I'm not quoting) that I , and the country, needs to embrace diversity, and all different cultures, and recognize them and..all that stuff. Hey, I do! No, I am not politically correct, and I will never pretend to be, but I am not a total asshole about diversity and stuff. You all know my stand on immigration; as long as your legal, bienvenue and welcome!And even me, the rightie that I am, knows that diversity is necessary, and good. After all, are we not all immigrants? But it would be SO nice if the Christian perspective could be recognized, embraced, and yes, tolerated. Don't tell me it is, because it isn't.Look at the rape of our holidays, (and I don't have the brain power nor the time, to expound on that at the moment), the coverage that anyone right of center is denied in the press( unless it's negative, of course!).Ugghh, it drives me nuts! So we started to have a spirited and yes, friendly arguement, with it ending by him telling me that he'll MAKE me see the movie! HA!!! Score a point for Christine, 'cause no-one makes me do anything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home