Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Is it wrong..

to feel guilty about banging out sick to work?
I was just pondering that, as I sit here doing a little surfing. I have the time to surf today, as I did that very thing.. I'm feeling pretty blah, and just was not up to the work thing today, so here I sit. And here I sit feeling a bit guilty.
Why?
I shouldn't- I DO feel pretty crappy, I rarely call out sick, I'm not a slacker at work, I don't feel as I have any bad work habits that may be exposed by another due to my not working my own stuff...so why on earth do I feel bad about calling out?
Perhaps that feeling is natural in the young, as they are just starting out in the workforce, and aren't as time tested and jaded as their elders, and they fear retribution, or worse.And maybe that feeling is more prominent in those who tend to abuse the system, and when they really DO get sick, feel a sense of guilt for all of the times that they screwed their boss and co-workers before? Perhaps, it is some deep-seeded psychological psychobabble thing going on that I need to get in touch with, explore, define and conquer??...
or maybe it is just ME, being overworried and paranoid about absolutley NOTHING. Ya think?? I do...
So there. I actually feel better now, relieved. And now, I am off to revel in my feeling blah-ness with a cup of Billy Tea and some really bad television.
(and no, I am NOT going the psychobabble route!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Wirthy said...

Don't feel guilty. make yourself a cocktail and enjoy the day.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home