Sunday, April 17, 2005

It's like I tell my daughter when..

she gets upset at times because she doesn't have 'alot' of friends. I tell her that it doesn't matter the amount of friends that you have; what matters is how that special friend( or friends), you know, the truly close and 'true blue' ones , what matters most is how good that they make you feel, how they are always there for you.. through your whining as well as those times when all is right with the world that you are in... through the arguements/disagreements. And it's so cool to know that the friendship is strong enough to withstand about anything, with you both realising that it takes work, but that that work is not thought of in a begrudging fashion...moreso, it's looked at as a labour of love. And maybe the coolest of all, is that all of this patience and understanding and respect and genuine love goes both ways...
Maybe at the tender age that my daughter is at, all of this isn't clear to her just yet; but I hope that she will be as lucky as I am to be blessed with some damn terrific friends.
I have a feeling she will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

What a great lesson for a young child to learn. True friends can't be beat even if there are just a few.

Peggy

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home