Monday, March 28, 2005

Come on..Admit it!

Ok, we all(or if not all, then a good chunk of the population) sings along to their fave tunes in the car, yes? I mean, can't it be rather therapeutic and cathartic to belt out (insert your fave song here)with the scenery and the rest of the world,for that matter, whizzing by? Come on, you can admit it; it's ok! In fact, we've probably spotted one another using the dashboard as a drum kit and the steering wheel as a guitar, with our mouths wide open, letting that last, lingering, gut wrenching note thrust out.... it's a beautiful thing, really.
So I was doing some serious singing today. The ride to work began on a wicked high note with Jet blaring out of my speakers; LOVE their sound..raw enough to get the blood really pumping, but not so raw that it only warrants an occasional listen.That and my cup of coffee in my bitchin' WaWa travel mug got me off to a great start. As I travelled from store to store over the course of the day, my musical choices ranged from Adam and the Ants'Kings of the Wild Frontier to Blondie's Parallel Lines, both choices helping to keep me revved up, while satisfying my need to really stretch the old vocal chords. Not an ounce of embarrassment do I feel while emoting to the nth degree in my own personal, rolling recording studio! None at all.
As the day wound down, inevitably, so did I. Craving something less frenetic to put a period on my workday, I slid my Dire Straits' Making Movies cd into the player, relaxed my back muscles, and let the completely mesmerising guitar of Mark Knopfler and the band playing Tunnel of Love carry me home. (Note: for a great chance to play some serious steering wheel air guitar, NOTHING beats this song, nor anything Knopfler plays, for that matter.)
So, now that my dirty little car singing secrets are out, what do YOU like to sing along to, play along to while driving? Don't be shy; anything said here will , of course, be kept in the strictest of confidence,and no dissing will be done, I promise. Gotta love that internet anonymity! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home