Thursday, March 02, 2006

'Can I bring you, out in the light?
my curiosity's got me tonight.'- from Dangerous Type, by the Cars

So I lived on the edge today- wayyyy on the edge. I wore light blue cords. Really, no kidding, the female Johhny Cash of Whitman, the monochromatic wonder that I am, wore light blue cords today.
I was out and about shopping yesterday, and saw them on the rack, wedged tight between the other cords in varying shades of dark...and they called to me.Loudly. 'Hey, Christine, come on, you know we're your size, you know that you have been wanting to try another colour that is not a variant of basic black! Come on, buy me. BUY ME!" I wavered at first; I mean, me, in pants in any colour other than black?? No freakin' way! But they continued to tease me, to lure me further away from my midnight comfort zone, and that's when I decided that I had nothing to lose( and the fact that they were marked down to $4.00 didn't hurt , either!). So buy them I did, and I didn't give a second thought as to what my butt would look like in them, didn't get all shaky with all black withdrawals; I wore them today(with a black turtleneck. Yeah, yeah, give me a break! I am not giving up black all together!), and I liked them! I really liked them! I liked the way I looked. I felt different; for once, I didn't feel like the angel of death, and I swear, I walked a little more confidently today. Magic pants, I don't think so, but I am glad that I decided to walk on the wild side, let my guard down a bit.
And who knows? Maybe I'll find a bitchin' pair of red trousers, and when I do, watch out, world!

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

You bought light blue pants??

Wow! Way to go!
I've become stuck on bright blue, light blue and magenta. Who cares if they make some parts look bigger. Those are happy colors :)

12:24 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Happy colours, yes!! And Peggy, I did feel happy in them! Silly maybe, but so what! You know what a leap light blue pants are for me!

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home