Friday, October 27, 2006

InSights

~ I am a jeans and workboots/sneakers kind of gal. I will wear a skirt, occassionally, IF I really HAVE to( with a bitchin' pair of boots, of course!), but I am most happy in jeans and a knit top. I used to try and dress differently, i.e. more dressy, but that's just not me, so why fight it? I don't anymore.
~ I don't, and won't apologize for loving and still listening to my 80's music( got The Jam playing right now). WTF does it matter what decade the music comes from, as long as one enjoys it and derives pleasure from it?
~ I work retail, have for 25 years now, and I no longer disguise my job as a vendor as a 'sales' job or anything other than what it is. Why I was ashamed to admit, that yeah, I work retail, I am a vendor who orders product, and sticks it onto the shelf, wears jeans to work and gets dirty( and a good workout, to boot!)I don't know, but I am so over that, and myself. What's there to be ashamed of? I make good money, have very good hours( home in plenty of time for dinner every day), have terrific friendships with people in the stores that I service, I work independently, only have to attend two meetings per year....I tried to get away from retail a few times, but keep coming back. And I'm glad that I did. Oh, and for those of you (and I know that you're out there) that seem to think that a retail job is basically a tit job, pretty easy stuff?? Do it for a month, then tell me if you feel the same way. Betcha you won't.
~ At this moment, I can honestly say that I have never felt prettier, wittier, stronger and more like myself. Amazing what taking care of yourself and being aware can accomplish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home