Sunday, April 16, 2006

NO WAY!! I know it's hard to believe, but Wells is hurt, AGAIN.

I'm trying really, really hard to still like this guy, I really am!! For one, he certainly does not fit the stereotypical mold physically for ball players which fascinates me. I mean, how can a man that size have the stamina to play? How did Fernando Valenzuela(sp), Mo Vaughn, Kirby Puckett? For his sheer size and marshmallow-iness alone, Wells is cool. He seemingly follows no-one, and perhaps answers to no-one, which is cool, also. And he's still got the drive and desire to play at the tender age of 43, and I like people who are in my age range that are defying the odds. So what's the problem??

I guess it's the fact that he didn't even want to be here this year, made it clear that he wanted to be traded, shows up to spring training late and unprepared, and totally bites his first time out this season. And then, acts a bit incredulous that the Fenway faithful were so quick to Boo him. Well, DUH, David, did you really expect anything else to happen? Take your less than stellar spring and add it to your wicked lousy start and of course you're going to get Booed! You should know us Boston fans better than that! Yeah, we can be tough, perhaps a bit hasty to criticise at times, I admit, but hey; more knowledgable, faithful fans you'll be hard pressed to find anywhere in baseball.

So that's my problem with the Sta-Puf man. I don't think that I'll ever get off of the Wells fence as far as my opinion of him is concerned. But being the true-blue, diehard Sox fan that I am, I will just revel in my Wells misery till either the end of the season, or the end of his season, whichever comes first.
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home