Saturday, September 23, 2006

'Whoa-oh oh, Listen to the Music!'

I wasn't in the talk radio mood this afternoon, so instead of listening to my fave WRKO, I flipped over to Mike97 -FM( GREAT station, no dj's, no blabbing, just a wide variety of music with few commercial breaks) . Here's a sampling of some of the crappy stuff that I immediately banished from my eardrums, and a few of the really good songs that I heard today.
Crappy Stuff:
~ Jack and Diane- UGGHHH, this song is so vomitocious, I can't stand more than 10 seconds of it. Classic Mellancamp Cougar crud!
~ Beautiful by James Blunt- any guy this wussy doesn't deserve the girl, anyways. He reminds me of a poor imitation, voice wise, of Davy Jones. At least Davy had one cool song( remember Girl from the Brady Bunch?).
~ Heartache Tonight- the Eagles suck, and this song really sucks, though Take it Easy is probably their worst. shudder
Ok, enough of the crap, now the good stuff!
~ Abacab- love this Genesis song, don't know what an abacab is supposed to be or mean, but something about this song jsut gets me going.
~ House of the Rising Sun- a song that was far ahead of it's late 1964 release, musically and lyrically. And Eric Burdon's voice was sooo unconventional for that time period. Love when this one comes on!
~ Freak Out by Chic- I love the way this one builds during the mostly intrumental part of the song. I guess(though this may be urban legend, dunno for sure) that the chorus originally went like "Awwww, Fuck Off!" which was due to the fact they the band coulddn't get into Studio 54. Whetehr it's true or not, that is still pretty cool! Besides, I used to have a mad crush on Niles Rogers in the late 70's and early 80's..
~ Tuesday Afternoon- just love belting out that long note at the end, and who cares who sees me??
~ Don't Leave Me This Way- the almost perfect song. I bow to your disco greatness, Thelma!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home