Sunday, November 25, 2007

As you can see....

this is an area where I still have difficulty, hence why I am posting this little blurb from sparkpeople.com. It's good for me to go back to- maybe it will be for you, too.

The destructive power of worryLegend has it that 90% of what we worry about never comes to pass. Whether that is statistically precise or not, there's probably some truth to it in your life. How much of our lives do we miss because we're agonizing over what might happen down the road? How often do we fail to act--even if it's the right thing to do--because we fear any number of possible consequences? Fretting over the future doesn't solve any impending problems. It only paralyzes your actions of the present. It stresses you out, makes you mentally and physically tired, and saps all the fun out of what could have been another great day. Next time you start to worry about what might happen, think of this: You can prepare, but you cannot predict. So do what you can, and forget what you cannot.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

It's all very true.

But I fully understand feeling paralyzed and being unable to take any positive action.

Peggy

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the psychitric nurses that I saw had it all woked out. I will never forget her cause she made me feel so cared for when she said "Fuck Robert, you need to concentrate on the things you CAN control and forget the ones that you cant. So when you think these things the first thing to ask is can you control this? If yes do so, if not forget about it". I try to live that. I think it works mostly.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff that!!. Ill add in a question I ask myself.....How important is it?

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home