Monday, June 13, 2005

Scatterings

~ It s the 30th anniversary of 'Jaws'- now I ask you; is not Robert Shaw's U.S.S. Indianapolis speech one of the best movie speeches ever?? Can watch that movie a million times, and will never tire of it!
~ The NBA is not the same without the best ref ever, Earl Strom, and that oh so cool way he would 'dance' when making a call.
~ Some fave words- facetious, celerity, meander, balalaika, excruciating.
~ Some teachers are priceless, and leave a wonderfully indelible mark.Mrs.Benner, my grade school principal is one. She was so classic, stern yet easy to like, and she had this cool way of calling us kids 'hot-en-tots' (sp) when we would act up. And my biz teacher at Quincy College-the adjective motivating barely scratches the surface where he is concerned.
~ Along with 'Jaws', Amadeus is another movie that I can, and probably will(!) watch hundreds of times.If you don't like Classical music, or really not much, you will after watching this.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree...you believe that scar.
I'll take your word for the ref.
my fav words....beauregard (said with a slow, thick drawl), Kirby Perkins (said with a high squeaky obnoxious voice, emphasis on Keeerby), Bien cir-que-no....a French phrase I know not what it means or where I heard it but it's in my memory and I do love to say it in a sing-songy voice...maybe something from my one lost year of French class which I took to meet boys.
My favorite teacher, Mrs. Frazer, grade one, she taught us French...again with the French...she was wonderful to me during a difficult time in my life. I got to see her again a few years ago back at my elememtary school when we read Dr. Seuss books to kids on "his" birthday...I cried when I met her again and couldn't say too much to her at first. She's not as tall anymore and I was mortified to find out she smokes!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I can hear that drawl saying beauregard...and refresh my memory; who is Kirby Perkins?

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home