Monday, August 08, 2005

Extensions

No, not of the hair kind, of the writing kind; believe me, I have enough hair for three people!

Anyways, I was complimented on my writing and encouraged to do more; honestly, I am humbly floored, and most appreciative of people taking the time to read my stuff, and leave comments in one form or another. I mean, the impetus of this blog was to provide for me another way of getting my thoughts across, a journal of sorts, as my handwriting has really suffered since I have discovered the computer. Don't get me wrong, I love to handwrite in notebooks and journals; I have numerous examples of each scattered throughout my house, hiding in desk drawers and my bedroom closet, and really, there is something about a blank piece of paper that is inspiring. But I can be very disorganised with my writing; I tend to scrawl horribly when a good thought takes hold of my brain, and I don't take the time to rewrite the finished product clearly. And that means that more often than not, I cannot even read my own writing, and what was once a good poem or the halfway decent start of something else is forever lost, and that is so aggravating! So I discovered blogging, and though I didn't think that a screen would be as inspirational for me as paper, I have happily discovered that it is, and I actually look forward to sitting down and letting whatever it is that happens to be populating my mind at that given moment come out in typed form. Blogging/journaling helps to clear my head, relax me , and also allows a place for me to wax philosophic on subjects that push my buttons, both positively and negatively.

I truly enjoy writing, and am so heartened to see that others have enjoyed my stuff as well. As I replied in a comment to one of my posts, blogging(and the contest that I am a part of) has helped to spark the flame that I have for writing; the contest especially, as I found myself writing in a different manner, one which I wasn't too sure that I could do very well, but at the risk of sounding conceited, one which I am proud of, and happy with.

So thanks to all who read, or have popped in briefly; I mean it sincerely when I say thanks(!), and as this blog/journal has been around long before the contest, I plan to continue to do add my randoms and scribblings and so on's as usual, and if people still continue to come round despite all that, well then that is just too cool! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home