Thursday, March 06, 2008

Prayers out to Patrick Swayze...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335210,00.html
and his family- so very sad.
And please, don't tell me that 'plenty of people are stricken with cancer daily, why is Swayze so special, why should he get all the attention and sympathy??'
I KNOW that cancer strikes everyone daily, from CEO'S to movie stars to the mother of four who lives two towns away, and regardless of whom is stricken, it is ALWAYS sad and such a tragic loss. It's just that Joe Blue-Collar who may be struggling with some form of cancer isn't in the limelight, and therefore the national press, as is Swayze. Are we not allowed to feel sympathetic for another human being who is facing a damn tough time because he happens to be famous?
And furthermore, just because I am praying for Swayze and his family doesn't mean that I in any way feel some sort of attachment or familiarity towards him; a ditz I can be, but a nut job, I am not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home