Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Rantings of the very short variety...

~ how much money would be saved if cars were manufactured without the directionals? I mean, it's not like anyone USES them, anyways.
~ Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka and Michael Jackson: separated at birth? I've heard this bandied about, and the more I see pics of the two, the more I believe it's true. I realise that the '71 version of Wonka is more sanitised and 'happier' than the way Roald Dahl had originally written and planned, but come on, what WAS Depp thinking with this incarnation of Willy Wonka?? It's downright creepy. Depp has said that he wanted his version to be ( and I am very loosely quoting) lean, with cha- cha shoes?? CHA- CHA SHOES? Hey, Johnny, save the over the top weird stuff for something else, ok? Sticking to Dahl's original vision would have been cool; creating a Wonka that too eerily resembles Wacko Jacko is not.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

I was thinking very nearly the same thing. Although I haven't seen the new movie, the advertisements are enough to give me the feeling that Johnny Depp is some kind of leering pervert luring kids in with candy.

The old Willie Wonka and the Chocolate factory was a masterpiece and need not be tampered with.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I loved Gene Wilder in the original Willy Wonka. I am so tired of re-makes. Can't anyone come up with an original thought anymore????
Johnny Depp just creeps me out. I wouldn't see that movie if I got free tickets.

A few years ago when my daughter was 4, I took her to the South Shore Music Circus to see Beauty and The Beast on stage. It was the original version not the Disney version and we both hated it. It seemed too much like Cinderella with the 2 step sisters and everything. It wasn't the story we recognized.

Anyway, I do agree,Johnny and Whacko are very much alike. How gross is that?????
Robin P
http://ccjellybeans.blogspot.com

1:21 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Hey, Robin, thanks for the reply! And I am off to check out your blog- love the name!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home