Wednesday, August 10, 2005

WoooHoooo for Wednesday!

Not only is it my day off, but it is payday #1 of the week, and I finally get the chance to see my daughter swim in a meet; she is so excited! And another huge plus, is that the meet is taking place at the Whitman Town Pool-right outside my back door!

I just saw on CBS 4 news a piece on the first female drill sargeant at the State Police Training Academy in New Braintree, Ma., which just happens to be where Robert is-cool! They briefly mentioned the program for high schoolers, and interviewed one of them with the junior troopers in the background, but unfortunately, I didn't see Robert. I wonder, what his days so far have been like? What time does he get up, go to bed? What's the food like? Does he like it, hate it? Will this week re-enforce his desire to attend the Naval Academy, or send him in a different direction? I'll have to remember not to bombard him with a bazillion questions first thing on Friday, as I'm sure he'll be pretty wiped!

Back to the female drill sargeant; she had reduced the new class of recruits that will graduate in December from I believe it was 254 down to 117- WOW! Rob and I saw those recruits from across the compound Monday morning as they were arriving and getting into formation, so it was ironic to see the piece on the news this morning. I give anyone who enters the trooper program a ton of credit and respect; it will be a tough 25 weeks of training for the recruits, and the job that the graduates will be engaging in daily is extremely tough and challenging, to say the least. Hats off to them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home