Saturday, June 27, 2009

So....

I'm at work today in (name and address witheld) supermarket, in my dairy, putting up some shredded cheese, and a woman comes over and says the following, no lie..."I am looking for the long big one." She was dead serious, and she stood there waiting for me to tell her exactly where the long big one was. I literally had to bite my lip to keep myself from saying what I was thinking, which was (wait for it.....yup, you guessed it!)..."Aren't we all, honey!" After looking at me for what seemed an eternity with a slightly exasperated look on her face, she says "Velveeta! Where's the Velveeta!" Oh, silly me, my bad, you meant that long big one...DUH!! Like I'd know she meant freakin' Velveeta??? Anyhoo, I dutifully take her the literally 5 feet away to where 'the long big one' was, where she stood staring at it for a good minute or so, and then I went into the backroom where I died laughing,and yeah, my co-workers got a good laugh out of it as well. Just shows to go ya that for as aggravating as the buying public can be, they can also be pretty damned amusing, as well.
So Velveeta lady, whoever you are, thanks- you made my day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home