Sunday, May 15, 2005

Directions:Take as Needed

I am not the best at remembering to take pills, like vitamins. I start out with the best of intentions. For about the first week to week and a half, I take said vitamin every morning, first thing, and walk around feeling pretty good about myself, proud of the fact that I actually remembered to take the darn thing, and that I am doing right by myself, not only physically but mentally as well.
Then, at about the 7-10 day mark, I start to get complacent; I tell myself that hey, I feel pretty good, so it's ok if I skip taking my vitamin on a given day. I will just get back on track the next day, and I will be back on the road to super wellness. Next day comes and I am in a hurry, to busy to stop and take the 10 seconds necessary to swallow a pill with a splash of water; but it's ok, I tell myself. I still feel good, so missing another day can't be all that bad, right? Well, before you know it, time has passed, and I am rummaging through the cabinets looking for an errant bandage or pair of shoelaces, and there are my vitamins, the ones that I was so set on taking faithfully, but that I managed to let fall by the wayside. I hold the bottle for a minute, read about all the benefits within on the label, and tell myself that I will start taking them again on Sunday. The beginning of the week is a good time to start things, yes? Jump forward to a year later, where I am tearing apart the kitchen during a vigorous round of spring cleaning. I find that now dusty bottle of good health, and seeing that the contents within have long since expired,I throw them into the trash along with the remnants of a winter's seasons worth of Nyquil and Robitussin, and those school pictures of the kids that I thought I had lost. And I come to the realisation that I once again have let a chance to improve my health wither away(along with yet another $15.00 wasted)
But upon reflection, I really haven't deprived myself of all of the perks that come with taking care of myself by finding something that is good for me in a myriad of ways, for I, the procrastinator that I can be, have found something that I do not need to take daily in order to get me to a healthy, more happier place. It is almost magical(not, it is NOT a drug of any form , nor alcohol) in the way that it works. You see, I can take it on say, Monday morning, and even if I forget it for the next two days, I still reap the rewards of what it provides. It's akin to having a fluid IV at the hospital when dehydrated; it's a constant thing, and though it may be uncomfortable, or even painful to take at times, overrall, it is most beneficial. But unlike the IV, there is no need to go to the hospital, nor the doctor, to receive it. Anyone can get it, and although it is not easy to attain and takes an effort , once you have it, it's healing powers are lifesaving, and you find yourself going back to it again and again. And better still, it is safe to take any number of times throughout the day! There is no need to worry about too much being a bad thing, as the side affects are nothing to be afraid nor wary of.
So what is this wondrous thing that offers and gives so very much, and is so good for you? Want to find out for yourself? There is no 800# to call, no website to visit, no money to invest. Just simply pick up the phone, make a call to that special someone whom you call friend, hear their voice... and let the well-being begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home